This is a 1992 photograph of Keong Saik Road with a view towards Teck Lim Road, with shophouses and roadside parking lots. Keong Saik Road was named in 1926 after Tan Keong Saik, a prominent merchant and an educationalist. The road, located in the Chinatown area, was given conservation status on 7 July 1989. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.