This 1978 photograph shows shophouses, located at Beach Road (opposite Singapore Volunteer Corp Drill hall, dated 1907). Beach Road is one of the first roads developed in Singapore, and used to front the coast before land reclamation in the area. The road mentioned is near Bras Basah Road. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.