This is a 2007 photograph showing a close-up view of the former Jinrickshaw (also spelt as jinricksha) Headquarters located at the junction of Neil Road and Tanjong Pagar Road. The octagonal dome atop a square tower and the curved pediment on the façade are some of the prominent architectural features of the building. Built in 1903, the Jinrickshaw Station, also known as the Jinriksha Station, served as the registration centre for rickshaws. In the late 1980s, it was included in the Tanjong Pagar Conservation Area and refurbished by the Urban Development Authority (URA) to house shops and restaurants today. Title devised by Library staff.
All Rights Reserved. National Library Board Singapore 2007.