This is 1983 photograph shows five units of shophouses located at the north-east corner of Kampong Sireh (at Upper Serangoon Road). The year 1930 is painted on the upper section of the building above the centre unit, a bakery. The ground floor is set back slightly from the road while the upper storey supported by columns projects forwards to align with the street. Most of the units are fitted with metal grilled gates and seemed closed except for the centre unit. The two-storey shophouse building has since been demolished. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.