This 1982 photograph shows the Yock Eng High School at Tanjong Katong Road. The two-storey building, with an octagonal clock tower is partially visible, hidden by the trees, the school gate and wall. Founded in 1910, the school moved to its current premises at Hougang Ave 1 in 1985. The school was renamed Yuying Secondary School and was officially opened on 13 Aug 1987. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.