This is a photograph from E. A. Brown's collection. The picture is in an album marked ‘pre 1914’, and it shows shows an unidentified church building. The church could possibly be St. Matthew’s Church. A Chinese shophouse-type building is on the left, while a bell structure is on the right, with a house behind it. The netting on posts and lines on the grass in front of the church (bottom right) seems to suggest the presence of a tennis court on the church grounds. No date of creation provided. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale.
From the Edwin A. Brown Collection. All rights reserved, Celia Mary Ferguson and National Library Board, Singapore 2008