Skip to Main Content

Haw Par Villa, 1970s : general view

Haw Par Villa, formerly known as Tiger Balm Gardens, was built by the brothers, Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par, in 1937. The statues depicting characters from Chinese folklore and legends explicitly illustrate lessons on certain traditional moral values. This photograph shows some of the buildings in the gardens. Photograph donated by Gan Cheng Guat and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_220. Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Gan Cheng Guat.


Suggested Pictures

Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore