Skip to Main Content

Neil Road, opposite Dickenson Hill Road : general view [2]


Reproduction Available:

This 1983 photograph shows a wide stretch of Neil Road, from the opposite Dickenson Hill Road (on the right side). The one-way street has shophouses along both its sides. The shophouses are either two or three storey in heigh and it is home to rows of conserved shophouses. The shophouses are connected by “Five foot ways” . Many of the shophouses spot shop front signages in Chinese. Neil Road, formerly known as Salat Road, was named after Colonel Neil in March 1858. Located in the vicinity of Tanjong Pagar, Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures