Skip to Main Content

Capitol Cinema : exterior [1]

Reproduction Available:

This 1982 photograph shows the exterior of the old Capitol Cinema on Stamford Road, previously known as Capitol Theatre. Completed in 1930, it served as a theatre until 1946, when it became Shaw Organisation's flagship cinema. In 1984, it was earmarked for urban redevelopment and relaunched as Capitol Building (formerly Shaw Building) in 1992. It screened its last movie on 29 December 1998. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.


Suggested Pictures

Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore