This 1982 photograph shows Blair Road, from Kampong Bahru Road corner. It depicts a row of two storeys shophouses with wooden lourved windows and sloping roof. Blair Road is named after Captain John Blair, who succeeded Captain E.M. Smith as manager of the Tanjong Pagar Dock Company in 1881. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.