This 1982 photograph shows the façade of two shophouses at New Bridge Road, near to the Cantonment Road junction. The ground floor units of the three-storey shophouse are occupied by shops. One of the shops is the World Souvenir Store 383 and the other is a bar cum hotel. The names are also given in Chinese. The façade of the second and third storeys features 3 bays of windows, which are evenly spread across the façade. New Bridge Road was built in 1842, after Coleman's New Bridge was constructed in 1840 across the Singapore River. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.