This 1983 photograph shows Upper Cross Street, at New Bridge Road junction (south side). After land reclamation in 1881, the original Cross Street was renamed to Upper Cross Street (while the extended street was named Cross Street). The Great Southern Hotel can be seen in the background. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.