This 1978 photograph shows the facade of a shophouse (dated 1930), located at Sims Avenue. It shows a double-leafed door with a pair of half doors known as "pintu pagar". There are also two windows with vertical security bars and decorative panels below them. Sims Avenue is named after Chinese businessman Sim Kia Jan. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.