This is a 1982 photograph depicting a pavilion belonging to house no. 16 Nathan Road. The single-storey, sprawling bungalow is known as "Sweet Content", and was built circa 1918, by an Arab and occupied by a Yeoh family before World War 2. The present owner, Mr. S.H. Lim, has occupied the house since 1949/50). Title devised by library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.