This 1900s photograph is mounted on a board, with handwritten words "Scott's Road" on the front. The photograph shows rickshaws and bicycles on Scotts Road. Scotts Road is named after William G. Scott (1786 - 1861), Harbour Master Attendant and Post Master of Singapore in 1836. He was one of the most respected residents in Singapore and was well-known for his benevolence, hospitality, kind-heartedness. Title devised by Library staff. Date of creation estimated.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.