This 1983 photograph shows Neil Road, from opposite Teck Lim Road (towards Bukit Pasoh Road). It shows a view of a one-way street with shophouses, other commercial buildings, and a squatter settlement on the right. Neil Road, formerly known as Salat Road, was named after Colonel Neil in March 1858. Located in the vicinity of Tanjong Pagar, it is home to rows of conserved shophouses. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.