A photograph of Clifford School and the padang in Kuala Lipis, Pahang. The School was first known as the government English school and was officially opened in 1926 by Sir Hugh Clifford. This photograph is part of Mrs Jean Marshall collection of photographs taken between 1953 and 1954 when Jean Mary Gray was a British Red Cross field officer in West Pahang during the Malayan Emergency. In 1961, she became Jean Mary Marshall when she married David Marshall, Singapore's first elected Chief Minister. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Jean Marshall