Skip to Main Content

New World Park, 1980s : general view



This is a photograph of the entrance of the New World Park, located at Jalan Besar. Owned by Shaw Brothers, it was set up in 1923 and closed in 1987. The site is now being developed by City Developments for its City Square project. Photograph donated by Tang Kian Cheong and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_295. Title devised by Library staff.

Date of creation estimated.

Credit Line

This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Tang Kian Cheong.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore