This 1983 photograph shows Lim Tua Tow Market (designed by J.Y Dowsett of Van Sitteran circa 1955), located at the junction of Lim Tua Tow Road and Teck Chye Terrace. The pentagon-shaped exterior walls on the 2nd storey, window panels and circular potholes on the wall are some of the architectural features of the market. The building has since been demolished. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.