This 1919 photograph shows Holloway Lane leading up to St Joseph’s Church located at 143 Victoria Street. The foundation stone for the original St Joseph’s Church was laid by the Vicar, Father Vincente de Santa Catarina, 14th December 1851. The building shown here is the new building that was completed in 1912. The church was gazetted as a National Monument in 2005. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale. Date of creation estimated.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.