This 1983 photograph shows Neil Road, from an old railway viaduct (towards Keong Saik Road). It depicts a view of the one-way street, which has shophouses on both sides. These are two storey buildings with the typical shophouses and connected ” five foot way”. A high-rise building can be seen in the distance in the left background of the photograph. Neil Road was named after Colonel Neil in March 1858. Located in the vicinity of Tanjong Pagar, it is home to rows of conserved shophouses. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.