This is a 1950s photograph of the Old Supreme Court located at St Andrew's Road. The building sits on the former site of the Grand Hotel de l'Europe since 1936. It has been vacated in 2005 with the opening of a new Supreme Court building located behind it and by 2013, it will be converted into the National Art Gallery together with the old City Hall building next door. Part of a compiled album, with a label : "PHOTOGRAPHS BY : R.K. TYERS. Staff STRAITS STEAMSHIP CO., LTD. SINGAPORE." Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff,
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.