This 1992 photograph depicts the old municipal market at Balestier Road. The building features a double roof design on its roof line. A tall fence stands between the market and road, with several vehicles parked along the road. The market is no longer found in the present day street directory. Balestier Road is named after Joseph Balestier, the first American Consul in 1834. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.