This is a photograph from E. A. Brown's collection, taken at the opening of King George VI Graving Dock on 14 February 1938. It shows seventeen of the eighteen Fleet Air Arm Fairey Swordfish torpedo bombers, from Squadrons 813 and 824 based aboard the aircraft carrier H.M.S. Eagle, doing a flypast. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale.
From the Edwin A. Brown Collection. All rights reserved, Celia Mary Ferguson and National Library Board, Singapore 2008