This 1984 photograph depicts rows of shophouses and vending stands along Cumming Street (from Solomon Street junction towards Magazine Road). A high-rise building can be seen in the background. Cumming Street is named after Dr James Cumming, Secretary and Treasurer of the Masonic Zetland Lodge (Free Masons) when it was established in 1845. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.