This 1983 photograph shows the exterior view of a shophouse (probably no. 45 Club Street) opposite house no. 38 and 40 Club Street. Two trucks can be seen parking in front of the shophouse. Club Street, which is lined with conserved shophouses, was named after the Weekly Entertainment Club (formed in 1891), located in the Chinatown area. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.