This 1983 photograph shows South Bridge Road, from Cross Street (towards Tanjong Pagar Road). South Bridge Road, a major road of Chinatown, was known in the early 1820s by its name even before a proper road was constructed. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.
- Architecture and Landscape>>Streets and Places
- Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Commercial Buildings
- Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Residential Buildings
- Roads--Singapore--Interchanges and intersections--Photographs
- Commercial buildings--Singapore--Photographs
- Pedestrian crosswalks--Singapore--Photographs