This is a photograph of the façade of Chesed El Synagogue at 2, Oxley Rise, showing the perfect symmetry of the beautiful white building. On either side of the central section is a rectangular section with arched windows and a door. The two French windows open out to a balcony. The synagogue was designed by Regent Alfred John Bidwell of Swan & Maclaren and completed in 1905. Its name, Chesed El, means "Bounty of God”. The building was gazetted as a national monument on 18 December 1998. Title devised by Library staff.
All Rights Reserved. National Library Board Singapore 2004.