This is a photograph of the Chesed El Synagogue at 2, Oxley Rise. The synagogue was designed by Regent Alfred John Bidwell of Swan & Maclaren and completed in 1905. Its name, Chesed El, means "Bounty of God”. The building was gazetted as a national monument on 18 December 1998. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Preservation of Monuments Board Singapore 2010