This is a 1992 photograph depicting houses 40 and 42 at Club Street. The houses feature a five-foot way, and windows with louvred shutters. Club Street was named after the Weekly Entertainment Club, the only Straits Chinese proprietary club, founded in 1891 in Chinatown. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.