This 1995 photograph shows Alexandra Road (at the junction of Alexandra Road, Commonwealth Avenue and Leng Kee Road). Partially seen on the left of the photograph, is a block of flats called Princess House. Alexandra Road was laid out in 1864 and named after Queen Alexandra (1844-1925), consort of King Edward VII. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.