This 1880s photograph shows a view of Mount Faber, taken from the sea. The signal station and flagstaff, originally located on Blakang Mati (today’s Sentosa), were moved to Mount Faber in 1845. A village can be seen along the coast at the base of Mount Faber. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale. Date of creation estimated.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.