This 1983 photograph shows Neil Road, towards Cantonment Road (Bukit Pasoh Road on the right side of the photograph). It shows a view of a one-way street with shophouses along the roadside. Neil Road, formerly known as Salat Road, was named after Colonel Neil in March 1858. Located in the vicinity of Tanjong Pagar, it is home to rows of conserved shophouses. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.