This 1960s photograph shows Kallang Gas Works, amidst factories and warehouses. In 1862, Kallang Gas Works was built to supply the first piped gas in Singapore to enable street lighting. It was opened to the public for the first time on 26 March 1998, before it was demolished. Title devised by Library staff. Date of creation estimated.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.