Commercial square in the 1880s : general view

This 1880s photograph shows a view of Commercial Square. John Little, Singapore's oldest department store, can be seen on the right side of the photograph. In 1858, Commercial Square was renamed Raffles Place, after the founder of Singapore. Title devised by Library staff. Date of creation estimated.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Building Types>>Commercial Buildings
  • Architecture and Landscape>>Streets and Places
  • Commercial buildings--Singapore--Photographs
  • Streets--Singapore--Photographs

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore