This 1960s photograph shows City Hall at St Andrew's Road. It was completed in 1929 and was originally named the Municipal Building. It was renamed City Hall in 1951 and served the City Council until 1963, after which it housed several public administrative departments including the Prime Minister's Office and the Judiciary. It was gazetted as a national monument on 14 February 1992. Date of creation estimated.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.