A black-and-white postcard showing a street view of the Jinriksha building at the junction of Tanjong Pagar and Neil road. Built in 1903, the building became the main depot for rickshaws when it opened the following year. Bullock carts, another early form of transportation in Singapore, were also seen plying the street. Rickshaws were banned in 1947, while a recommendation to take bullock carts off certain areas of the Municipal was accepted in 1948. This card has a divided back. Date of creation estimated.
The copyrights to the Lim Shao Bin Collection belong to various parties, as declared in the documents; images; letters; etc. kindly shared by Lim Shao Bin. Use and reproduction require written permission.