This 1982 photograph shows Fowlie Road, from Marshall Road (eastwards). Fowlie Road is named after Dr. Peter Fowlie, leading medical practitioner in the 1880s and 1890s, champion golfer and a Municipal Commissioner in 1912. Trees and houses lined both sides of the road. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.