This 1982 photograph shows a house, at no. 4 Marshall Road (east side, near East Coast Road corner). Marshall Road is named after Captain H.T. Marshall, the first Chairman of the Municipal Commission in 1856 and agent for the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company Ltd until 1859. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.