Skip to Main Content

Pulau Saigon and Footbridge, from Damar Road : general view [1]


Reproduction Available:

This is a 1982 photograph showing Pulau Saigon and footbridge from Damar Road. The original Pulau Saigon Bridge in this photograph was built in 1890, but demolished in 1986 because the bridge was too old and it blocked the development of Central Expressway. The Pulau Saigon Bridge was also called Footbridge because upon the completion of Clemenceau Bridge in 1922, it was maintained as a pedestrian bridge. Damar Road cannot be found in the present day street directory. Title devised by Library staff.

Credit Line

From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.

Subjects

Suggested Pictures
Suggested Pictures from National Archives of Singapore