This 1977 photograph shows the two-storey shophouses located at the junction of Victoria Street and Bras Basah Road.The building name, "Victoria Building" and the year when the building was constructed, "1925" can be seen on the main façade. Circular apertures on the walls of the upper level and angular arches in the shophouses' exterior walls on the ground level are some of the architectural features of this building. Central Medical Hall Pte Ltd was one of the occupants of these shophouses. Date of creation estimated. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.