This photograph shows a general view of Cathay building taken from a window. The building, designed by Frank Brewer, was completed in 1939. It became Singapore's first skyscraper and second multi-storey building. The new building was re-opened in 2006 and renamed The Cathay. Cathay Building was gazetted as a national monument on 10 February 2003. Photograph donated by Chua Ai Lin and displayed at Heritage Roadshow 2007. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2007. The original work © Chua Ai Lin.