A 1982 photograph, showing Bras Basah Road, from North Bridge Road, towards Victoria Street. The steeple of the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus can be seen at the background. Before the road was named Bras Basah Road in 1835, it was previously called College Road, Church Street and Cross Street. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.