This is a photograph of students posing outside the National Museum of Singapore located at Stamford Road. The museum used to be known as the Raffles Library and Museum, when it was established in 1849. It had moved to different locations before being relocated to Stamford Road. The landmark building underwent a revamp in 2006 and has since reopened. Photograph donated by Tan Ching Hwee and displayed at the Heritage Roadshow 2008. HRS3_232. Title devised by Library staff.
This digital copy © National Library Board Singapore 2008. The original work © Tan Ching Hwee.