This is a 1983 photograph showing Read Bridge, at North Boat Quay (from South Boat Quay near Ellenborough Market). Construction of the bridge began in 1881 and was completed in 1889. Read Bridge was named after William Henry Macleod Read. The bridge was previously known as Malacca Bridge and Green Bridge. Title devised by Library staff.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.