This 1880s photograph shows an aerial view of town from Fort Canning Hill. The steeples of the Armenian Apostolic Church of St. Gregory the Illuminator (centre) and St. Andrew's Cathedral (right) can be seen among the trees. The Raffles Institution can be seen on the left with the three-storey extension that was built in 1884. Title devised by Library staff. Information contributed by Richard Hale. Date of creation estimated.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.