This photograph, taken between 1900 and 1909, shows the Flints Building, at the corner of Battery Road. This building and the land that it stands on, belonged to the Flint family. The building features repetitive semi-circular arcaded walkway, with minimal ornamentation on its facade. The upper floor wooden windows are timber-framed with long wooden panels. This building was pulled down after it was seriously damaged in a fire in 1906. Title devised by Library staff.
Date of creation estimated.
From the Lee Kip Lin Collection. All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.