This 1994 photograph shows Beatty Road, at Lavender Street corner. Low-rise buildings with spiral staircases can be seen at the far end of the photograph. Beatty Road was named after Admiral of the Fleet Earl David Beatty, a commander during World War 1 who became the First Sea Lord in 1916. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.