This 1992 photograph shows the old Anglo-Chinese Middle School at Coleman Street. The school was founded in 1886 and moved from Amoy Street to Coleman Street in 1887. The name of the school came from the fact that it conducted lessons in English in the nights and Chinese in the afternoons. Title devised by Library staff.
All rights reserved. Lee Kip Lin and National Library Board, Singapore 2009.