This photograph shows the Singapore Cricket Club, which was established in 1852 to cater for the sporting needs of colonial elites. Early members were elite colonials while today it continues to be a private members' only club. The Singapore Cricket Club is located at the heart of the city's civic centre along Connaught Drive, and overlooks the Padang. This facade of the club, with the arched porch and Gothic columns at the balcony, faces Connaught Drive. Title devised by Library staff.
All Rights Reserved. National Library Board Singapore 2007.